We are dedicated to delivering invaluable property management services to all of our clients and handling the business of associations with professionalism and integrity. Brownstone Properties offers extensive experience and a steadfast commitment to our clients—allowing us to offer a diverse selection of services catering to your property management needs. We look forward to serving you.
If you are looking for a rental property, Brownstone Properties is your partner in the renting process. Evaluating rental contracts, understanding Landlord-Tenant Laws, paying rent, and requesting repairs can be difficult without the assistance of a professional management company. At Brownstone, we are determined to provide you options, support, and piece of mind.
“I love working with Brownstone. They are so much easier to work with than my last rental company and I recommend them to all my friends.”
-David Markland, current tenant
Our Rental Services Include:
- Searching of rental property options
- General maintenance and repairs
- 24-hour emergency service
- Enforcement of the rules and regulations
Property management involves actively attending to a multitude of issues large and small, so even the simplest things are not overlooked. We collect rent, pay bills, and provide financial statements for our clients. We organize repairs, inspections, and attend to administrative and legal details, including staying abreast of all changes in the Virginia Residential Landlord and Tenant Act.
Utilizing Brownstone Properties as your property management team allows you to concentrate on other priorities in your life, while enjoying the benefits of owning an investment property.
"The best thing about Brownstone is that I don’t have to manage the property myself.”
Brownstone Properties offers management services for both residential and commercial properties throughout the greater Lynchburg and Central Virginia area. We attentively serve owners of single-family homes, apartment complexes, townhomes, duplexes and small to mid-sized commercial properties.
Our Property Management Services Include:
- Qualifying prospective tenants
- Preparing property for rent or inspection
- Marketing of vacant properties to target markets
- Preparing leases
- Providing monthly and year-end financial statements
- Collecting rent
- General maintenance supervision
- Enforcing rules and regulations
- Paying monthly bills
- 24-hour emergency service
- Communicating and providing notices to tenants, filing documentation
- Conducting exit inspections
- Court filings and execution of eviction
Brownstone is committed to assisting association boards in developing short and long-term strategic plans to improve or maintain their community’s appearance and reputation. Please click here to see the list of Associations Brownstone currently manages.
For information about our association management services and/or how to obtain a resale certificate/disclosure packet, please see the information below.
What does Brownstone Properties, Inc. do for Associations?
Brownstone Properties, Inc. is hired by and reports to the board of directors of the association and assists them in the effective management of the association. Brownstone acts as “Managing Agent” for associations. We attend to the day-to-day operation of the association and implement the policies and decisions as determined by its board of directors.
What is the managing agent's authority?
The board of directors in accordance with your association regulations confers the managing agent’s authority. The managing agent implements board directives, facilitates approved programs for the association, and conducts a host of ministerial acts for the association as a licensed professional and fiduciary.
Condominium Resale Certificates and Property Owners Association Disclosure Packets Policy:
The General Assembly determines the way resale certificates and disclosure packages are requested and fees that are allowed.
Brownstone Properties, Inc. will follow the approved guidelines:
- The managing agent will prepare a resale certificate/disclosure packet upon request from the unit/lot owner or authorized agent and assess the fee to the requesting owner. The fee is not the responsibility of the purchaser.
- The managing agent is allowed to collect a reasonable fee pursuant to Section 55-509.6 of the Code of Virginia. Brownstone Properties, Inc. will collect a total of $70.00 for preparing a resale certificate/disclosure packet which includes an inspection of the property. This amount is subject to change.
- The Association or managing agent must provide the resale certificate/disclosure packet to the seller/agent within 14 days of the request. An expedited fee, not to exceed $25.00, may be charged.
- Items stated by the Real Estate Board pursuant to Section 54.1-2105.1 of the Code of Virginia will be included in each resale certificate/disclosure packet issued by Brownstone Properties, Inc.
To request a resale certificate/disclosure package please contact our Association Manager at 434-385-1025 ext.18 or firstname.lastname@example.org